Sunday, June 19, 2011

So, it's been a while, old friend...

What a weekend this has been...

On Friday night after work, I trekked home to the Quad cities for my good friend Laura's 21st birthday party. That was an adventure... Yesterday, my best friend, Mary, and her wonderful boyfriend, Sam, came to visit from Chicago yesterday. After a series of automobile-related mishaps, a questionable taxi driver from Rock Falls named "Bud", and an impromptu search-and-rescue mission on my part, they arrived largely unscathed to gallivant about town with me for entirely not enough time. We're planning a cross-country road trip for the end of the summer and after last night, I am positively giddy with anticipation. I'm not sure what the rest of this summer will hold for me or for anyone, but I can share with you some things I learned to be absolutely true this weekend:

1. Martini's has, without question, the best patio out of all the bars in Iowa City.
2. You stop drinking UV blue after freshman year for a reason and that reason is this: it's disgusting.
3. Going out in Davenport is weird.
4. Dragon fish are incredibly poisonous.
5. Bluebird Diner on Market St. is charming and has delicious food.
6. It does not matter how hard I try not to, I always forget to take pictures when I go out.
7. I am incredibly lucky to have such amazing friends.

I hope you've enjoyed the "wisdom" I've just imparted... I'm off to work on some Logic homework and then mosey over to Monica's to waitress the night away. Have a wonderful afternoon!

No comments:

Post a Comment